Fire Guts County Home


Maurice Kaufman was at the store for just a few minutes. Thursday, but by the time he re­ turned home, smoke was pouring out of every cranny pf his house. "I wasn't gone that long," saio. man, 45, Sill a s n e watched firefight­ ers work to extinguish the blaze. "I get back and I see smoke and I come flying through here. I thought it was the neighbor's house, but it was my house." Kaufman's wife, Dee Washing­ ton, and the couple's three young children were in the home, which they rent from the Grassy Creek Mobile Home Park, when the fire broke out. The fire was started by one of the children who was playing with a lighter and caught a bed on fire, said Capt. John Huddle, Rocking­ ham County assistant fire marshal. Washington was getting ready for a doctor's appointment when she noticed smoke, gathered the children, evacuated the house and called 911, Kaufman said. Emergency officials received a call shortly after 2 p.m. of a struc­ ture fire at 1668 Stockings Circle in the southeastern part of the county, Huddle said. Huddle said there was damage throughout the home but he could not give an dollar, estimate

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น